You’ve decided to go blonde, but you want to make sure your hair is fully saturated with the color before going out tomorrow. Can you dye your hair twice in one day? Yes, you can — and here’s how. The trick is in choosing a lighter-appearing dye the second time around. These dyes won’t give you as much coverage as regular dyes, but they will leave your hair looking more blonde than its natural shade of red or brown after just one application. These dyes are usually called “flash” or “double” dyes because of their fast-acting formulation. They don’t provide much coverage on their own, but if you follow them up with another dye that has a more traditional formula, you will get great results. Keep reading for everything you need to know about dyeing your hair twice in one day.
Can You Dye Your Hair Twice in One Day?
Yes, you can dye your hair twice in one day. However, it is not recommended as it can be damaging to your hair. If you do dye your hair twice in one day, make sure to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner afterward.
How To Dye Hair?
- Choose the right kind of hair dye.
It’s important to choose the right kind of hair dye for your hair. Your hair needs to be dry before you apply the dye. If it’s wet, it will not give a good result.
- Apply the right amount of dye to your hair.
It’s important to apply the right amount of dye to your hair. You can choose from two types of dyes, one is double and one is single color. Double color will give a lighter shade while the single color will give a darker shade to your hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing out completely.
After 20 minutes it’s best to rinse out completely with cold water and then shampoo it with a mild shampoo that won’t strip off all the natural oil from your head so that you don’t damage your hair by overdrying it with harsh shampoos like clarifying shampoos or clarifying conditioners. Also, don’t use hot water when rinsing out as this could damage your hair and scalp. You should also make sure that you have applied enough of the products on your head so that excess water is absorbed by them so that no excess water remains on top of your head. Once you get done with all these procedures, wash off all remaining products from the scalp and then shampoo again with a mild shampoo that doesn’t strip off all essential oils from the head, but just enough oil so that there are no dry patches after washing it off completely.
How To Choose The Right Dye For Your Second Application?
- The main difference between double and single-color dyes is the shades of colors. Single color dye gives a lighter shade while double color dye gives a darker shade to your hair.
- The good thing about applying double color dye is that it will give you more options for the shades of colors you can choose from instead of only one shade.
- Keep in mind that if you are applying the double or single-color dye, then it is best that you wait for 20 minutes before rinsing out completely to avoid any damage to your hair or scalp.
When Can You Dye Your Hair Twice In One Day?
- You can dye your hair twice in one day if you have applied a color that is very light and you want to make the shade lighter or if the shade of your hair is too dark and you want to lighten it up.
- It’s best that you check how your hair will react to coloring first by washing off all the products from your hair and then applying a small amount of dye to it.
- If there are no adverse effects, then apply some more dye to your head.
- Once you get done with all these procedures, wash off all remaining products from the scalp and then shampoo again with a mild shampoo that doesn’t strip off all essential oils from the head, but just enough oil so that there are no dry patches after washing it off completely.
How Long Will Your Hair Be Dark After Dyeing?
- The color of your hair will be darker after coloring as compared to when it was naturally colored by the sun or natural pigment in the hair roots or tips as compared to other dyes that only lighten up the color of the hair roots or tips without darkening them as well without any effect on the color of your hair roots and tips.
- There is also a difference between single color and double color dyes as well where the double color will give a lighter shade while the single color will give a darker shade to your hair due to which there is no way for you to know when exactly would be enough time for you to wash out the color from your hair.
- The best way to know how long your hair will be dark after dyeing is by observing the tint of the color on your head. If you see that it is lightening up, then it means that you have enough time for you to wash off all the dye from your hair.
- However, if after washing your hair there is still a tint of color on your head and this happens even after a week or two, then it means that there are some permanent pigments in your scalp or in the roots of your hair and these will not get washed out easily which may lead to some harm to the health of your scalp or roots because they may be permanently damaged due to repeated exposure of harsh chemicals and these chemicals can also cause infections if they get into the bloodstream through open wounds in your scalp or skin and cause inflammation which may lead to permanent scarring in case this happens repeatedly.
Possible Side Effects Of Dyeing Your Hair Twice In One Day
- If a dye contains any ingredients like ammonia, it may cause irritation of the scalp and skin.
- This may also lead to hair loss if it is not washed off completely.
- Dyes that contain ammonia can also cause permanent damage to your hair roots and tips if they get into your scalp or skin through open wounds or burns.
- Some dyes have a tendency to cause allergies because of the ingredients they contain which may lead to itching, rashes, redness on the scalp, eczema, and other problems in case you are allergic to these dyes as well as these dyes will not be able to be removed from your body easily and may cause permanent damage to your scalp or skin if you are allergic to these dyes too due to which you might end up with permanent scarring on your scalp or skin due to repeated exposure of harsh chemicals on it.
The Bottom Line
If you want to dye your hair twice in one day, you can do so as long as you choose a double dye the first time around. Double dyes have a formulation that allows them to deposit less color than traditional dyes, but still, leave you with brighter hair color. To get the best results, make sure to use a stronger dye the second time around. This will ensure you get the color you want while minimizing the damage caused by double dyeing your hair.