If you’re a subscriber of any mobile phone service, then you are probably aware of the possibility of locking yourself out of your own phone. This can happen if you enter the wrong password too many times, or if you simply mess it up by mistake. If you are locked out of your own cell phone, then that means you cannot use it for calls, texts, or anything else. You also won’t be able to check any voicemails that might have been left for you. The only way to get back into your phone is by getting a PUK code from your service provider. Read on to learn more about what a PUK code is and how you can get one without calling customer service.
How To Get A PUK Code Without Calling Customer Service?
Unfortunately, you always need to contact your mobile provider to get a PUK code. You can’t get one online or by email. You need to call them and talk to a representative. This can be very inconvenient, especially if you have a really old or cheap phone that you don’t use very often. You might not even remember which company you’re with!
Fortunately, there are other ways you can get a PUK code without calling customer service.
- There are companies that can supply you with a PUK code without you having to talk to a representative.
- They may charge a small fee for this service, but it’s usually very much worth it.
- You can also try getting the PUK code from a friend or family member who has the same phone as you.
- This is obviously not going to work if you have an iPhone and your friend has a Samsung.
Use The PUK By Voice Option
If you have an Android device that is enabled with Voice Access, you can use the PUK by Voice option. This feature enables you to speak the PUK code instead of typing it in. To do so,
- open your device’s Settings app and select “Accessibility.”
- From there, click on “Voice Access” and select “PUK.”
- This should prompt you to record the PUK code.
- Once you’ve done so, you’ll be able to use your voice to input the PUK code.
Use The Android Puk Code Tool
If you’re unable to use the Android Device Recovery option, another way to get your PUK code is to use the Android PUK Code Tool.
- This is a tool that was designed by Google to help Android users unlock their phones if they’ve forgotten their login code.
- To access the Android PUK Code Tool, you’ll need to first download the Android Device Manager app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Once you’ve done that, open the app and select “PUK Code” from the menu bar.
Check On Your Last Synced Time
Another way to get a PUK code is to check on your last synced time. This feature will enable you to re-sync your phone’s login code with your phone.
- To do so, open your device’s Settings app and select “Account.” From there, click on “Google” and select “Synced Accounts.”
- You should see an option that says “Last Synced.” Select that option and follow the instructions to re-sync your login code.
Should You Always Get a PUK Code by Calling?
It can be tempting to just call your service provider and get a PUK code that way. After all, it’s so easy to do! However, there are a few things you should know before you decide to do this.
- First, you should know that there are laws against companies charging you for this. There is no reason that they should charge you money for something that they are obligated to give you free of charge.
- This being said, some companies do still charge you money for a PUK code. Always make sure to double-check before you call and ask. If they do charge, it’s definitely worth it to get a PUK code without calling customer service.
- You should also know that some companies will only give you a PUK code every 12 hours or so. This means that you might have to wait for 12 hours before you can get a new PUK code if you have already used one.
- This is usually only the case with very old phones.
How To Reset Your Phone Using A PUK Code?
- If you’re not familiar with the process of resetting your phone, then you should know that it will completely delete all the data stored on your phone.
- Once you reset your phone, you won’t be able to restore any of your previous data. If you’re locked out of your phone and don’t have a PUK code, then you may want to choose to reset your phone.
- This will remove all of your data completely, but it will also let you get back into your phone so that you can save your data again.
- It’s a choice you probably don’t want to make lightly. It’s definitely something you want to consider if you don’t have a PUK code.
3 Ways To Get A PUK Code Without Calling Customer Service
There are a few ways that you can get a PUK code without calling customer service. These are definitely worth considering if you don’t want to deal with talking to an operator. These methods obviously won’t work if you’re using a really old or cheap phone that doesn’t let you access the internet.
- You can check your account online to see if you can find your PUK code there. If you’re using an old phone, then there’s a chance that you won’t be able to get online. In this case, you can always try to get your PUK code from a friend or family member.
- You can also try to get your PUK code by calling your service provider’s automated system. You may have to press a few different buttons and wait through a few menus before you can get your PUK code this way.
- Finally, you can scan the sticker on the back of your phone for your PUK code. This is usually a good idea anyway since you’ll want to know what your PUK code is any way in case you ever forget it!
If you’ve ever locked yourself out of your phone, you know what a nightmare it can be. Luckily, there are ways to get a PUK code without calling customer service. You can try to find the code online, get it from a friend or family member who has the same phone as you, or you can try to get it from your account online. You can also try to get it from your service provider’s automated system or by scanning the sticker on the back of your phone.