Let’s face it; we all love Netflix. It’s the ultimate streaming platform for people who love to binge-watch shows and movies. If you’re one of those people, you probably have a Netflix account too. It’s a fantastic way to spend your leisure time, but this also means that you need to frequently login and out of your account on different devices. You see, there are so many restrictions imposed on Netflix accounts.
How To Share Netflix Account without giving password?
Sharing passwords can be a risky move, especially with online services like Netflix. You never know if someone logs into your account and starts to watch inappropriate content. You also can’t be sure they’ll log out when they’re done. If you want to share your Netflix account with friends, family, or your spouse without having to share your password, there are a few different solutions.
Change Your Netflix Password
- When you’re sharing your account with someone, it is necessary to change your password. This way, your friend or family won’t be able to access your account anymore.
- This method is good, but a bit tricky if your spouse or friend is tech-savvy. They will easily figure out that the password has been changed.
- This is why it is best to choose a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess. A good way is to use a combination of letters and numbers.
- Make sure that you don’t use something related to your personal details. For example, your date of birth, favorite sports team, etc.
Create Separate Profiles For Everyone
This is one of the best ways to share your Netflix account without giving anyone access to your account.
- This method allows you to create a profile for each person who will be using your account.
- You can set a different viewing history, viewing order, and language for each profile.
- This way, each person will have full access to their own content. You can also change your own profile to view different content.
- This method works well if you’re sharing your account with a couple of people.
However, if there are more people using your account, this won’t be a viable solution. Still, it is one of the best ways to share your Netflix account without giving anyone your password.
Use A Virtual Private Network (Vpn)
A VPN is a service that enables you to connect to the internet through a remote server. With this method, you can create a new account and share it with your friend.
- By doing this, you will create a new login, which will be different from your original login. This way, your friend can log in to their account by entering your login credentials.
- This method is quite secure as you can use a paid VPN service. Make sure that you choose a VPN service that doesn’t keep logs.
- This way, your friend will be able to watch the content without leaving a trace.
- This method is easy to follow, but you will have to pay for the service.
Also, if your friend has their own Netflix account, you will have to create an account with a different email address.
Try Out The Netflix App For Android/Ios
If you don’t want to create a separate login, but still want to share your account with someone, use the Netflix app for Android or iOS.
- You can use this app to log in to your account and enter the details of the person who will be using your account. They will have full access to their own account as well.
- This method is very easy to follow, but it requires you to have the latest version of the app installed on your mobile device.
- You can download the app from the official app store.
Get A Separate Subscription For 3 Months
This method is a bit tricky, but it can work very well if you’re sharing your account with someone who lives in the same house. You can get a separate subscription for 3 months.
- This way, your friend or family member will be able to enjoy their favorite shows for three months at no cost. However, when your subscription ends, your friend will have to pay for their account.
- This way, you can share your account without giving your personal details to anyone. This method is ideal if you want to share your account with someone who lives in the same house.
But if you have a group of friends who are planning a trip, this method won’t be very helpful.
Use Chrome Extension To Share Account
This method is one of the most popular ways to share your Netflix account without a password. This method involves the use of a Chrome extension, which can forward your login details to anyone who wants to use your account.
- You can create a login for each person and share it with them.
- All they have to do is log in to their own account through the same extension.
- This method is quite easy to follow, but it has some limitations. For example, you can’t stream content through this method.
- This method is useful for sharing your login with a person who lives in the same house. You can also use this method during vacations with your friends.
There are a few restrictions worth pointing out before we get into the details of how to share your account.
- First, you can’t share an account with someone who doesn’t live in the same household as you.
- Second, you can’t share an account with someone who isn’t your spouse, child, parent, or grandparent.
- Third, you can only create two family accounts per household. So how do you get around these restrictions? For starters, you can create a family account for everyone in your home.
This way, you can log into your own account and then switch over to the family account when you’re at home and everyone in the family can access Netflix as well.
What Can You Do About It?
Now that we’ve covered some of the restrictions associated with sharing an account, let’s talk about what you can do about it. You can create a family account for everyone in your home.
- You can then log into your own account and switch over to the family account when you’re at home. When you’re out and about, you can use your own account. Another option is to use a VPN.
- A VPN is a way to connect to the internet that hides your actual IP address. Your IP address is like an ID card for your computer. It lets websites know where you are and how to get to your computer.
- Using a VPN will let you trick Netflix into thinking you’re using the internet from a different device.
So if you’re connected to your friend’s computer, a VPN will let you watch Netflix as if you were on your own computer.
Using A VPN To Share Your Netflix Account
As we discussed above, using a VPN is the best way to share your account with friends or family members who aren’t in the same household as you. You will, however, need a VPN with a Netflix account that allows you to do so.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is install the VPN app on your computer. Make sure you select a VPN that offers a dedicated IP address for Netflix.
- After you’ve installed the app, you’ll want to sign in.
- Then, all you have to do is open up Netflix.
- Once you have the VPN connection, you’ll be able to stream Netflix as if you’re using the account on your own computer.
Using A Helper App To Automatically Sign In When You’re Connected To A Device With A Given IP Address
Using a helper app to automatically sign in when you’re connected to a device with a given IP address is an excellent way to share your Netflix account without giving out your password.
- First, you’ll want to download the app on a device that you use to access Netflix.
- Then, select the device that you want to sign in automatically.
- Once you’ve done that, select the device that you want to share your account.
- Finally, select the IP addresses that you want to enable automatic sign-in.
This app will keep track of all IP addresses that are connected to a given device. It will automatically sign into Netflix as soon as you’re connected to the device with the IP address that you selected.
By Creating A New Family Profile With Limited Permissions For Everyone In The House
Finally, you can create a new family profile with limited permissions for everyone in the house. This will let everyone enjoy Netflix as if it were their own account.
- You’ll need to log into your original account, select “Manage Profiles”, and then create a new family profile.
- The family profile will have a name that you choose and will have limited permissions. So for example, you can set it to play standard definition videos only and log out automatically after 30 minutes.
- When you’ve created the family profile, you can log out of your original account and log into the new family account.
- From there, you can sign into Netflix and anyone else in the house can use the new family profile as if it were their own account.
As you can see, there are a few different ways you can share your Netflix account without giving out the password. Many of these methods are only possible if you have a family account. If you don’t have a family account, you can use a VPN to share your account with friends or family members who aren’t in the same household as you.