You may have heard about the website Care.com and its services from friends or family members who have used them to find childcare providers for their kids. However, with so many websites offering similar services, you may be wondering if this site is legit. Is Care.com safe? Do they offer reliable childcare services? Are they worth your time? This article will answer these questions and more to help you determine if this site is right for you. Care.com is a website that connects parents with caregivers to assist in various tasks like child care, tutoring, and even housekeeping services. There are many reasons why someone would want to use the services of a caregiver found on Care.com; whether it’s because they are a single parent who cannot find anyone else to take care of their child or because they simply need an extra hand from time to time.
Is Care.Com Legit?
Yes, Care.com is a legitimate company that provides home care services. In fact, Care.com has been recognized as one of the most trusted companies in the home care industry by the Caregiver Alliance. The Caregiver Alliance, a non-profit organization based in Virginia Beach, VA was founded in 1996 to “empower caregivers and improve quality of life for those they serve”.
- Even if you don’t have a business address, it is beneficial to have a virtual office in order to project a professional image and receive mail. A virtual office is a lot cheaper than most business addresses, often just a few dollars a month. You can create a virtual office on GoDaddy or ComShare.
- You will have to have an email address that is not your personal account. You can use a free email service such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, etc. The only requirement is that you must be able to receive mail there.
- If you have an existing business mailing address then it would be beneficial to have a physical address that is the same as the virtual office or the new business location and has some kind of professional look and feel to it, such as “Professional Address” or “Professional Business Address”. This way you will be able to receive mail for your business at this address, even if you do not actually own it and cannot show it to potential clients/customers who are visiting from outside the country. Also, this address would be used for any legal documents that may come up in the future (i.e., tax returns). Most professionals will have a physical address for tax purposes.
- You will need a business phone that you can use as a business line. Most people who keep their personal phone numbers and businesses use the same one, so you should be able to get an extension answered by that person if you call there. Some businesses use a voice mail system so that they can answer calls from home or while they are traveling, but this is not required.
- A website is not required but it is highly recommended as it creates trust and credibility with potential customers and clients who may be visiting your office, virtual or otherwise. A professional-looking website can increase your online sales by up to 50%. It also allows potential customers to learn more about your services before they contact you, which results in them calling you instead of someone else who may be lower priced or less experienced than you are (but may still be cheaper than hiring someone full-time).
- The website should have all of the information that you would provide in your offices, such as your name, phone number, services, and fees. Some people get a website but then do not have a professional-looking office to go with it. They may also have the same phone number for both the business and the personal line and may not be able to receive calls for one or both lines at different times.
How To Apply For Jobs On Care.Com?
- Post your resume on the site: One of the easiest ways to apply is simply following the steps in their Resume Builder tool so that you can create your resume online and send it directly to employers who are interested in hiring you! This is one of my favorite parts of Careers because it saves me time when I’m searching for jobs, and keeps my resume updated!
- Apply for jobs directly on the site: Another great way to apply for jobs is to search through the Careers’ job board and apply directly from there. You can filter your job search by location, industry, or even your availability! I’d recommend submitting your resume this way if you’re not confident about writing a cover letter.
- Create a profile: Creating a profile is another great way to ensure you’re following the rules of Careers when applying for jobs. It’s also important that you create a profile if you want to receive notifications of when new jobs are posted on Careers — that way you’ll be notified as soon as they post new opportunities!
- Get recruited: One of the best ways to get recruited is by creating an account on Careers and then applying for roles that interest you. If there is no up-to-date list of available positions available, then simply create a profile and apply for roles that look interesting to you.
- Search for jobs: To search through the Careers job board, simply click the “Search” button at the top of the page. You can also filter your search by location or industry.
- Receive notifications of new jobs: One of my favorite parts of Careers is receiving notifications when new jobs are posted! I love this feature because it allows me to be up-to-date with any job opportunities available, even if they’re not on Careers directly!
- Follow companies and individuals via email: If you choose to follow certain companies or individuals when you’re searching for a job on Careers, then you’ll receive an email whenever they post a new role available — this is great because it allows you to be up-to-date with any jobs that are in your area!
- Apply for roles without creating an account: Creating an account is optional on Careers. If you don’t want to create an account, you can simply apply for jobs without creating an account — this is great when you’re applying for roles that are not on Careers’ job board.
- Apply to roles that interest you: Even if a role isn’t on Careers’ job board, it’s still possible to apply for it directly from the site! To do this, simply click “Apply” at the bottom of the page.
- Follow companies and individuals via social media: To follow a company or individual using social media, simply click the “Follow” button in the top right corner of their profile page. You can also unfollow them at any time by clicking the “Unfollow” button in the same area.
Care.com is a website that connects parents with caregivers to assist in various tasks like child care, tutoring, and even housekeeping services. You can use their site to post a job listing and have a caregiver apply for it, receive caregiver recommendations, and even take advantage of their educational resources. You can expect to find caregivers of all types on this site and can even use it to find a date. If you are looking for a new job or new help around the house, Care.com may be able to assist you. Their site is safe, and legitimate, and can connect you with professional caregivers who can assist you with whatever you may need.