Who doesn’t love a fresh new coat of paint? Whether you’re updating your home for the summer or finally tackling that DIY project you’ve been putting off, paint is the quickest and cheapest way to give any room a facelift. If you’re lucky enough to have an entire department dedicated to painting at your local Home Depot store, you’ll probably find buckets upon buckets of paint in every shade imaginable. Unfortunately, not every color will suit your home as well as others. If you have any doubts, we recommend speaking with a Home Depot representative before making your final purchase decision. This article will discuss whether Home Depot accepts returns on paint and what other options are available if you need to return it.
Can I Return The Paint To Home Depot?
If you bought the paint and it was the wrong color, don’t waste your money on a return. Home Depot’s policy is that you can only return items within 30 days of purchase. If you want to return the paint, go to your local store and ask for a form. You will need to fill out the form and show it to a salesperson who will give you a refund. If you have not used the paint or have not opened it, then I guess there is nothing else we can do for you either.
What To Know Before Buying Paint?
Know the Supplies You’ll Need
Paint is made in a variety of colors and we can’t guarantee that a particular brand will match your paint. If you want to make sure that the paint matches, then get samples from two or three different brands.
Pick a Color That Goes with Your House
If you don’t already know what color your house is, go to Google images and look up pictures of your house. The color of the paint should be close to what you want to buy if it’s possible. For example, if you are trying to match an eggshell white paint, then choose a color that’s close to eggshell white. If you can’t find anything close enough, then choose white or another light color that goes well with your house and yard.
Don’t Buy Paint Unless You Like It
If the paint doesn’t look good on the sample card or it doesn’t go well with your house and yard, then don’t buy it. It’s a waste of money and time.
Ask for a Sample
If you’re buying paint from a big box store, then ask for a sample to be sent to you. It’s free and will help you make the right decision.
Ask for the Right Color by Name
If the color is not on the sample card or it doesn’t go well with your house and yard, then ask for the right color by name or get a sample of it in another brand of paint to make sure that it matches your house and yard before making the final decision on which paint to buy.
Compare Prices When You Buy Paint
Compare prices at different stores in your area when you buy paint so that you can get the best deal possible without paying too much money for it. If you do this, then there is no need to return your purchase if it doesn’t match your house or if it doesn’t go well with your yard because there is no to make sure that you get the best deal.
Don’t Buy Paint Unless You Need It
If you don’t need to paint something, then don’t buy it. There are only so many times that you can repaint your house or yard before it will look the same no matter what color you use.
Buy Enough Paint for One Application at a Time
If you have painted something on different surfaces in your house or yard, then buy enough paint for one application at a time so that it will last long enough to do the job properly and not be wasted before the job is done.
How To Return Paint To Home Depot?
- Call or visit a store before you buy paint to ask about the return policy.
- If you bought the paint at Home Depot, then fill out their return form and take it to a salesperson who will give you a refund.
- If you bought the paint elsewhere, then fill out the form and take it to your local store which should be able to give you a refund.
- To get store credit or another type of refund, call Home Depot and explain that you want either store credit or a gift card for your trouble.
- If you are not satisfied with the paint, then contact the store where you bought it and explain that you want a refund.
- If the store is unable to give you a refund, then take the paint back to Home Depot and ask for a refund.
- If your local store is unable to give you a refund, then call Home Depot’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-430-7329 or 800-346-4088 (toll-free) and explain your situation and ask for an authorization number to get your money back.
- A representative from Home Depot’s Customer Service Center will contact you within 5 business days of your call to get the authorization number and confirm that they can provide a refund for the paint color that was returned or give you store credit for the amount of money that was spent on it plus tax.
- After getting the authorization number from the customer service representative, go online or call 1-877-367-2320 and provide your number to get a refund for the paint.
- Once you get the authorization number, go online at home depot.com or call 1-877-367-2320 and enter your authorization number and all the information that was sent by the customer service representative to get a refund for the paint.
- If you don’t have enough money to buy a new paint and you have the authorization number, then call 1-877-367-2320 or 1-800-430-7329 (toll-free) and ask for an authorization number so that you can get store credit.
- You can also call 1-800-430-7329 (toll-free) during regular business hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and ask for an authorization number so that you can get store credit or a gift card for your trouble.
When it comes to painting, you want to get it right the first time. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your paint purchase, you can return it to the store for a full refund. If you’ve already used some of the paint, you can still return it for store credit. Just make sure the paint is thoroughly cleaned and that it’s contained in a coffee can to prevent spills. That way, you’ll have extra paint on hand for future projects.